"I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.
For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free." ~Wendell Berry


Thursday, May 15, 2014

No, There's No Silence In The Night

While out watching over my purple martin colony last weekend, I carried my video camera around with me.  As I listened to the frogs in our smaller pond I had to work hard to suppress my laughter as I didn't want to scare them into silence while I was recording them.  They seemed to be competing for the title of "Loudest, Most Obnoxious Noisemaker".



I may be revealing my age, but one of my favorite Red Skelton shows was one in which he recited his poem, "Frogs". He was right - "there's no silence in the night"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haZ2bNNxdJo

2 comments:

  1. They certainly are loud. But which are frogs and which are toads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aya, thanks for the comment. I don't have a clue though. I hear quite a few different ones, but I'm no frog expert and really enjoyed listening to them.

      Delete